Monday, August 13, 2007

Foie Gras is delicious

Foie gras is my favorite food of all time, anywhere. When it's done right, which is difficult, eating it becomes a transcendent experience I lack the vocabulary to describe properly. There's a restaurant in beautiful Los Angeles, California, on 3rd St called The Little Door that makes some very, very good foie gras.

On the way out from El Lay we stopped at Mandalay Bay in amazing Las Vegas, in which is located an establishment called The Burger Bar, where you can buy a kobe beef burger with a foie gras topping. Of course, I bought this.



You might think that this was too much of a good thing, that it would make my mouth explode once I put this delightfully decadent concoction to my lips, but you would be wrong my friend. So very, very wrong. While this certainly wasn't the best foie gras I've ever had in my life, it was still pretty good, buttery and rich, and it just got better with each bite. One of the best burgers I've ever had in my life.

Foie gras! Foie gras! Foie gras!

No comments: