Monday, September 24, 2007

Some decent 1970s movie trailers

I love the 1970s. Actually, I hate the 1970s. They kind of sucked. The pop culture was weird, everyone was joining cults and trying to assassinate some famous politician or musician, terrorism was rampant. But they had some great movie trailers.

Ready or not... It's funny, but it's not a comedy...



The film that dares to probe the black depths of hell...



I love it when they tell you it's "not a film for everyone." (I ripped that off in the trailer for Sperm, by the way.)



Be prepared to live the most wonderful experience of your life...



(I am a big Jodorowsky fan, and I do enjoy "El Topo," but I can tell you that seeing that film was not the most wonderful experience of my life.)

And Jodorowsky's next movie: Nothing in your education or experience can have prepared you for this film...



The absolute attainment of every wish... A perfect world of total pleasure...

Sorry I couldn't embed this one. (It's Logan's Run.)

This trailer should come with a spoiler alert.



Billy Jack kicks ass on the Senate floor. Where is today's Billy Jack? (And don't tell me it's Chuck Hagel, either.)

No comments: