Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New! Nigerian Spam Scam Emails Incorporating the World-Wide Rice Shortage


How would you like to turn this...

...into this?


Those spam scam emailers are at it again- this time using the rice shortage story to dupe unsuspecting Americans into giving away their possessions. Please to see below:

My Dear SPRAGUE;

I am Mr.David Mark. an Auditor of a BANK OF THE NORTH
INTERNATIONAL,ABUJA
(FCT). I have the courage to Crave indulgence for
this important (grains) business
believing that you will never let me down
either now or in the future. You are love, and. God is love, so you ar God. Some
years ago, an American Mining
consultant/ contractor with the Nigeria National
Rice and grains Corporation (CRUD),
made a numbered time (fixed)deposit for twelve calendar
months, valued
$12M.USD (TWELVE MILLION US DOLLARS, or 2 MILLION EURO DOLLARS) in an account. His name it was SPRAGUE, just as yours is today. On maturity,
The
bank sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no
reply.
After a month, The bank sent another reminder and finally his
contract
employers, the Nigerian National grains and Rice Corporation wrote
to inform the bank
that he died long story short- in a goating (i.e., riding a goat, or petting a goat, the goat kicked him in the yarbles) accident without MAKING A WILL, and all attempts
by the American Embassy to
trace his next of kin was fruitless. I
therefore, made further most fruitful investigation and
discovered that you do exist; SPRAGUE. This
money total
amount$12M.USD ( TWELVE MILLION US DOLLARS; 1.3 MILLION DOLLARS EURO (american dollar has fallen since I began this important notice to you, SPRAGUE))is still sitting
in my bank as
dormant Account. according to
Nigerian Banking policy, after some years, the
money will revert to the
ownership of the igerian Government if the
account owner is certified dead. my proposal
is that I will provide you with the $12 M USD or 765,000 DOLLARS EURO if you will pleas to send to me five 20 LB bags of jasmine, basmati or long-grain white rice, as our local Costco will not allow me to buy them all at once.

Please remit such bags to me at your most delicate
Leisure, that I may then humbly turn over to your Bank account the amount
of $12M. USD (456,789 EURO DOLLARS AMT) for our service.
You are a good foreigner such that I am looking for in this endeavor. I look forward to your
earliest reply.
Yours,
Mr.David
Mark.


Of course the saddest thing about this is that there are people out there who will fall for this. That is what fills me with the most indignation!

No comments: