Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oxford Researchers List of Tired Phrases- Two That They Missed

Stuffed-shirt researchers at the University of Oxford released a list of their top 10 most annoying phrases (because everyone loves top-10 lists- they're always sure to make a splash on digg!):

1 - At the end of the day
2 - Fairly unique
3 - I personally
4 - At this moment in time
5 - With all due respect
6 - Absolutely
7 - It's a nightmare
8 - Shouldn't of
9 - 24/7
10 - It's not rocket science


They missed two really irritating ones, in my opinion: First, I hate it when I have just told someone that he is an irritating douchebag and I do not like him, and said person then says to me, "Why don't you tell me how you really feel?" in an ironic tone of voice. Well, I have just told you how I really feel- I feel that you are an irritating douchebag and I do not like you (mainly because of that sharp wit you just demonstrated).

The second is when the woman you're dating tells you she's pregnant. Why the hell are you telling me that? It's not my problem.

No comments: