Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mucophilia!

Mucophiliacs are people who love sneezing. I mean really love it. They love to watch people sneeze. They love to sneeze themselves. They love the feeling of an... tici... pation, that sweet moment of expectation just before the sneeze occurs. They love sneezes.

Something called "Attack of the Show" on G4 covered it:



But as with so many things, singer Tori Amos was way out in front of this, as evidenced by this clip from 1996:



I managed to find this mucophilia "collector's item" clip of President Barack Obama sneezing. One of President Obama's greatest skills is to appeal to everyone, no matter their fetish:



Sneezing models on a boat. So many hot allergens on the open sea:



Actually, it kind of ruins it for me to see them sticking q-tips into their nostrils. Isn't it much more exciting to see the natural sneezes- the wonderfully unexpected bursts from the nose- as opposed to those which have been "forced"?

I shouldn't talk, because I really don't know anything about this. I don't share this particular fetish, but of course I don't judge. I am extremely idiosyncratic myself.

It's amazing and wonderful that we live in such a world, where mucophiliacs can find as many sneezing videos as they could hope for, where they can gather and share these videos, and exchange information. Mucophiliacs, I do not share your love of sneezing, but I salute you:

Ahhh- CHOOO!!!

Anyway, for those who are into this sort of thing, I offer Sneezing panda:

No comments: