Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Readers Submit Their Favorite April Fools' Day Pranks

My readers are the best. I asked for your favorite April Fools' Day pranks, and you responded with some really great ones. Unfortunately, I can't run all 563 submissions I received, but I have chosen the following, which I think are far and away the funniest of the bunch. Enjoy!

(1) My mother used to dress me in girl's clothes until I was about seven years old. She said she always wanted a daughter, and that I was a huge disappointment to her. Looking back on it now, I guess it was pretty funny.
-Bobby M, Springfield

(2) My wife promised to love, honor, and obey, and all that, on our wedding day, and then I caught her having sex with my best man in the coat closet at the Knights of Columbus where we held the reception. A few years later, during our divorce, I realized just how funny that was.
-Kevin L, Overton

(3) I was mugged about three years ago, and I've been unable to leave my apartment ever since. Now, I spend a lot of time watching television and laughing.
-Sandra R, Missoula

(4) My parents used to lock me in a closet for eight hours a day. One day, after I'd been in there for awhile, the door opened and my father walked in, carrying a chainsaw. He swung it around above his head and yelled, "We're letting you out early today!" Then he turned and ran out, locking the door behind him. I think they let me out like two days later.
-Albert T, Columbia

(5) During a routine trip to the doctor's office, I was told I might have polyps, and they needed to do more tests. After putting me through my paces, the doctor told me he wouldn't know for sure for several weeks. The doctor died a few days later, when he was run over by a bus. When I called to get the results for my tests, the nurse claimed not to know who I was, and that no record of my being tested existed. It was more weird than funny, I guess.
-Tricia B, Donneleysville


Thanks so much to everyone who shared their great stories!

No comments: