Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why Do I Still Have a Friendster Account?

I got a friendster account many years ago, when friendster was all the rage (back before Seth joked about it on "The O.C.") Remember that show? Yeah, that was a long time ago. Then, of course, friendster flamed out rather spectacularly and sadly (the story really is kind of sad).

I don't even think about my account anymore, and most of my friends have left the site (I'm down to two now), so why do I keep it?

I think it's a self-esteem issue. See, I get a lot of messages from beautiful women, like this one:



and this one:



It's true, the messages from these beautiful women are always the same, and not even a full sentence:

how are you


Is this a question? There's no question mark. There's no period. It's merely a statement. "how are you" Inscrutable, and lovely. A simple reaching out from multiple beautiful women, to me, a surly jerk. It's touching when you think about it, and it's nice to know there are beautiful women out there who don't even know me, yet are interested in my emotional and physical well-being.

And then there's the guy who commented that I was sex:



You are sex.


The man who made the comment, "shan," is someone I've never met before in my life, yet somehow he's perfectly captured my being.

I am sex!

Which is why I still haven't deleted my friendster account.

1 comment:

A.Jaye said...

I like the top bruneete.

But what's that behind her? Gheto or trailer park?