Friday, May 21, 2010

Bret Michaels Just Can't Get Completely Well-- And, His New Song, "Warning Stroke"

Not too long ago I wrote a long and embarrassing mash note to Bret Michaels, lead singer for Poison and current reality show star and charmer. My reason for writing this was twofold: First, I wanted to show the world how much I appreciate Mr. Michaels, especially in his current, reality-show persona.

The second was that I hoped to (somehow, I don't know how and I realize I'm irriational) help Mr. Michaels get over his recent and traumatic medical problems. For awhile, as Mr. Michaels' condition seemed to be improving, I was composing in my head a rather unctuous entry in which I would imply that it was my fantastic post, with its life-giving compliments, that facilitated Mr. Michaels' seemingly miraculous turnaround.

But, alas, I still haven't gotten around to that. And it's probably for the best anyway because now it appears Mr. Michaels' condition has gotten very dangerous again.
Bret Michaels suffered a serious setback in his recovery from a brain hemorrhage, experiencing a small "warning stroke" that sent him to the hospital, where tests then revealed he also has a hole in his heart.
First of all, as a glass-half-full kinda guy, I'd like to suggest that "Warning Stroke" is a great title for a Bret Michaels song.

I want to feel your warning stroke
Light that fire and give it a stoke


Okay I'm no Bret Michaels but give me another five minutes and I could have a winner on my hands.

Anyway, don't leave us in suspense, doctors-- will Bret ever appear on television again?
Both conditions are treatable and are not believed to be connected to his subarachnoid hemorrhage. But his doctor questioned whether Michaels can return as hoped to the May 23 finale of Celebrity Apprentice or to a concert on May 28.
Oh, wow.

Get well soon, Bret! We still need you--- and I'm looking forward to hearing your new song "Warning Stroke"!

3 comments:

A.Jaye said...

Larry King live is on CNN. He's interviewing that chick from the Pussy Cat Strippers, a vanilla and a blonde called Erin Andrews.

Now this is the first time I've seen Ms Andrews in moving pictures.

I'm not suprised you didn't post on her.

shampoo said...

the whole problem is they removed bret from his natural habitat!

the correct ho to bret ratio must be maintained at all times. I hope this hospital has at least a couple of nurses who worked their way through school by "dancing."

Ricky Sprague said...

I want Erin Andrews to nurse Bret Michaels back to health. On a reality show.