Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen is the greatest entertainer in the world right now

Do you know why Charlie Sheen is the greatest entertainer in the world right now? Because he is actually trying to entertain us.

He is trying to entertain us all the time. He has made even "The Today Show" worth watching, if only for a few segments. To wit:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


He should be tired of pretending he's not special. He is special.

First of all, can you argue with anything that he says about AA? AA is a scam. Even the reprehensible Dr. Drew Pinsky has said that Mr. Sheen "has a point" about it.

Second of all, yes, drugs do "work." They do change the way you see things, and they can be quite fun to use.

Third of all, Mr. Sheen looks older than 45 years old, especially for Hollywood.

Fourth and finally, there's nothing I can write that could be more entertaining than what I might write, so I suggest watching the whole clip -- despite the presence of the loser interviewer. Most especially his questions for Chuck Lorre, the creator of "Two and a Half Men," about eight minutes into the clip.

"Accept me, Chuck."

Given the amount of money involved, he should do just that.

Charlie Sheen does have tiger blood and Adonis DNA. He's trying to be entertaining. Compare this interview to last night's Academy Awards telecast.

When and if Mr. Sheen writes his "tell all" book, I will be first in line to download it to my kindle. I can't wait to read what his fire breathing fists write.

2 comments:

Iced Borscht said...

In the back of my mind, I always suspected Charlie might be fun, if only because of his ties to super-truther Alex Jones. I LOVE Alex Jones, despite disagreeing with nearly every aspect of his bizarre worldview. (Have you seen his 'Waking Life' clip? If not, YouTube that shit, R.S. Immediately.)

But now, I mean holy shit...Charlie has taken his game to another level. He is a Champion of Humans; he is Living Light. I would be there for him in a street-fight, wearing my Vatican Warlock-Assassin watch, slaying blueblood with my tigerblood, and so on and so on.

I just cannot express my appreciation enough.

Ricky Sprague said...

I hadn't seen the Waking Life clip, and I'd actually forgotten that film existed. I meant to see it, many years ago, and then, I didn't.

There's a lot to admire about Mr. Sheen, I think. But his existence and his current antics point to some irritating tendencies in our culture; primarily that the rich and famous can get away with basically anything -- the rest of us are SOL.